Just got this from a recent alum, now employed at BASF, they are looking to hire some folks
This position’s primary role is to provide support (lab and pilot) to the Development Group in the North American Urethanes Systems business. This Group’s success is measured by the successful market introduction of new products meeting customer and market technical requirements and the commercial requirements of the business.
· Under supervision of a staff scientist, conduct lab experimental programs and scale up pilot-machine trials
· Applications may include flexible or rigid foams, coatings, sealants or adhesives,
· Specific tasks include accurate blending of ingredients, reacting these under controlled conditions to produce prototypes for evaluation. In many cases, such prototypes are prepared in pilot machines using dispensing pumps and molds.
· Testing of prototypes using industry-norm physical test methods (strength, hardness, durability, etc.)
· The successful candidate will also be an active participant in other departmental assignments and activities (Safety Program)
· Minimum 2 years college with strong background in chemistry, physics, engineering or related technical areas. BASF recognizes Institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
· 3 years of experience in working with lab environment
· Basic mathematics to calculate formulation recipes interpreting test results, etc.
· Developed computer skills and proficiency in MS Word, Power Point and Excel are required.
· Must have good communication skills and be able to work well in team environment under time pressure and shifting priorities.
· Higher level position requires competence to work with minimal supervision
· Bachelor or Associate Degree in Chemistry or related science
· Competency to become conversant in basic chemistry principles
· Aptitude to work with pilot machinery in preparing prototype articles for testing
· Strong Laboratory skills desirable in setting up lab experiments, work-up and analysis
· Organization skills (time planning, record-keeping in lab notebooks)
· Solid background in safe work practices
Go here to apply online to this position.https://basf.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=114106
*Disclaimer: BASF, The Chemical Company shall not be liable for the content or any errors or omissions in the information provided in the Comments section, and conclusions drawn from such information are the responsibility of the user.