Movie Screening and Discussion – ‘White Like Me’
Franke Center for the Arts – 214 E Mansion St, Marshall, MI 49068
Tuesday, June 26, 2018 – 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
More Information Coming Soon!
Arts and Industrialization – Remembering and Reimagining Marshall and Albion
Friday, August 3, 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. and
Saturday, August 4, 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
- Facilitated by Toni Asante Lightfoot, Teaching Artist at Free Write Arts and Literacy and co-founder of Modern Urban Griots
- Location TBD
Cultivating Oral Histories to Uncover New Meaning in Our Stories
Monday, September 24, 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. and
Tuesday, September 25, 6 p.m. – 9 p.m. – Starr Commonwealth Mawby Center
- Facilitated by Judy Tate, author of Days Of Our Lives and founder of the American Slavery Project
- Location: Starr Commonwealth
Saturday, September 29, 7 p.m. “Uncovering Our Stories”
- Local actors and actresses will showcase the oral histories of our region in a performance orchestrated by Judy Tate.
2nd Week of October
- Debut screening of ‘A Common Thread,’ a documentary that humanizes our neighbors at a time of extreme divisiveness. Also, enjoy entertainment from local musicians and storytellers.