Author D

Metaphysics Paper-1

4 Responses to “Author D”

• Jack Gibbs Says:

I liked this paper a lot. I like how it not only introduces backward causation but that it also show the effects of accepting backward causation in relation to free will. Still I was not sure if there was a time when the author provided their own take on the time travel view. Overall I felt this was a good discussion of time travel.

• Stefan Says:

This was a good paper and I liked some of your conclusions. For example the conclusion that we have as much free will in the past as the present. The only problem I had was I didn’t completely understand Lewis’s distinction between “can” and “cannot.” Maybe thats just a personal problem, but likewise maybe it could use explianation.

• Sarah Says:

The essay brings up a fascinating point: free will and backwards causation do not have to be mutually exclusive.

• Jamie Says:

I really like how you brought determinism into the paper to discuss the topic of backward causation, along with how determinists cannot both have free will and the ability to change the future. Great job on this paper.