Off-Campus Access to Oxford and Cambridge Journals
Off-campus access to Oxford and Cambridge Journals requires the use of VMware. VMware is a virtualization technology which allows you to access the Albion network as you would on campus. Please see the instructions below.
Begin by copying the URL from the Journal Finder. You will need this once you have logged into VMware.
Instructions to connect to VMware via a web browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome):
- Click on the following link: https://hvgw1.albion.edu/portal/webclient/index.html#/disclaimer.
- Read and accept disclaimer. Click Accept.
- Enter your Albion network Username and Password. Please be certain the “Domain” field is left as “Albion”
- Select the “Staff” or “Student Lab” button
- If prompted, select “I understand the Risks” “Add Exception” and “Confirm Security Exception”
- You will soon see a campus desktop with the Albion background through which you can open a browser window.
- Paste the URL from the Journal Finder.
WARNING: Save all documents and files onto your computer’s hard drive or network drives (G, H, W, P) as files saved onto the virtual machine desktop will be lost.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact us at email@example.com.