Start here to find books, videos, and other materials
Use LibrarySearch to search for books, videos/DVDs, journals, newspapers, physically in the Library as well as all of the Library’s online resources. You can do a keyword search or an advanced search. Filters allow you to limit your search.
As you search the catalog, please note the item’s call number, location, and status. Most books are located in one of the following areas: Mudd 1, Mudd 3, Stockwell 110, Stockwell 308, or Stockwell Tiers 1 – 6. Other possible locations include:
- Reference Collection: Mudd 2
- Periodicals: Mudd main floor (current issues) and Stockwell tiers (back issues)
- DVDs: Mudd 2
- VHS tapes and LPs: Mudd 1
- New Books: Stockwell main floor
- Rare Books/College Archives: Mudd 3 (appointment only)
- Juvenile Books: Mudd 1
If the item you need is currently checked out or Albion College Library doesn’t own the item you need you can request it through MeLCat (see below) or you can ask us to get it from another library for you by making a request through InterLibrary Loan.
Other sources for books and more:
- MeLCat is a program involving most Michigan libraries. Through MeLCat, Albion College students, faculty, and staff can directly request books, DVDs, CDs and other materials (not including journal articles) from the other libraries. There is no charge for this service. Materials you request are delivered to the Albion College Library and we contact you when they are available.
- WorldCat contains records for books, films and videos, journals, websites, and many other types of material in the collections of thousands of libraries around the world. InterLibrary Loan requests can be submitted through WorldCat for items not available at Albion.