The Wendell B. Will Room is open from 8 am – 5 pm daily, Monday through Friday, except when the college is in academic recess. The room is closed after 5pm weekdays and all weekend without prior arrangement. During the summer, the room is closed on weekends and after 5pm.
Use of the Room
The Wendell B. Will Room is available for use by the Albion College faculty and their guests. Albion College organizations, departments, and programs may apply to use the room for meetings, speakers, and other academic events. Apply to use the room by clicking the link at the bottom of this page.
The room may be reserved during the normal operating hours of the library.
Requests for scheduling the room should be made at least two days prior to the date needed. The Wendell B. Will Faculty Room is not to be used as a regular classroom, although faculty may invite student guests.
The room will seat a maximum of 50 people for an event.
Rules for Using Facilities:
- If food is to be served the kitchen will be made available. No drinks may be taken out of the room. In the kitchen there is a stove, refrigerator, coffee pot and small microwave available. All appliances should be cleaned after use and shut off before leaving the room. There is also a punch bowl and ladle available for use. It must be washed after use as well.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be served in the Wendell B. Will Faculty Room without prior approval from the President’s or Provost’s Office.
- Catering is available through Dining & Hospitality Services at 517-629-0318. Please note that if any food or drink is used on the large dining table then a tablecloth must also be used. Tablecloths can be rented from Dining and Hospitality Services.
- CANDLES MAY NOT BE USED.
- Furniture is not to be rearranged unless prior arrangement is made with the Library office. The chairs around the large dining table may be moved, but should be put back after use.
- Copies of books by Faculty and visiting authors are located in the desk on the southwest end of the room and may be examined in the room only. Please do not remove these from the room without permission of the Library Office. All other Bookcases are locked. The items on display are placed there for display only. Anyone wishing to examine an item on display in the locked bookcases should request permission from the Library Office.
- Windows may not be opened & the blinds must stay down. Blinds may be tilted to allow adequate lighting but must be put back to a slight upward incline before leaving.
- The room should be cleaned up as much as possible after use. Empty containers and utensils should be disposed of or cleaned. Food or crumbs on carpet, etc. should be cleaned as much as possible after use. There is a vacuum cleaner in the kitchen for this purpose. All trash and garbage should be placed in bags, tied and put outside of rear door to Wendell B. Will Room behind the large dining table. Please be sure to dispose of all cups, napkins, and coasters.
Failure to abide by these rules will result in denial of future use of the room.