St. Catherine University in St. Paul, MN would formally like to invite you to MACTLAC 2019 on October 11th and 12th 2019. The theme for this year’s conference is “The Chemistry of Art and Artifact Restoration”. There will be speakers on this topic from both the Minnesota Historical Society (Thomas Braun) and the Science Museum of Minnesota (Rose Kubiatowicz). In addition to these plenaries a key note address will be given by the director of the Beyond Benign Green Chemistry Education group (Irv Levy). He will talk about ways to incorporating green chemistry and toxicology into the curriculum at PUIs. A preliminary program is attached. This year’s breakout sessions will include:
– Microwave chemistry in laboratory instruction
– Green polymer chemistry
– X-ray crystallography research and applications at PUIs
– Mass spectrometry in the undergraduate curriculum and research
– The Green Chemistry Commitment: Green chemistry and toxicology in the curriculum
– Chemistry and study abroad
– Undergraduate research at PUIs
– Subdisciplinary topical sessions
Registration, sponsorship and membership renewal is now open at the following link.
Registration and Fees:
$25 for members
$30 for non-members (includes 1-yr MACTLAC membership)
$0 for undergraduate students, graduate students, post docs, emeritus members
Friday night Banquet cost – $30
Accommodations: As there are over 100 hotels within a 15 minute drive a hotel block has not been secured for the conference. Some suitable options include.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis St. Paul Airport-Mall of America. 2860 Metro Dr. Bloomington, MN 55425 • 612-963-5579. They have a shuttle to and from the airport from the hotel and free breakfast.
- Comfort Inn Airport
1321 E 78th St, Bloomington, MN 55425•(952) 854-3400
- Fairfield INN and Suites by Marriott Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport.
330 Northland Dr, Mendota Heights, MN 55120•(651) 454-1978
Thank you to our diamond sponsors Anton Paar, St. Catherine University, and MN-ACS.