Remember that pages are best for content that is somehow timeless and can’t be classified into categories. A welcome page is a good example of this type of content.
Creating a page from an exisitng website:
- Log in to your site’s Dashboard
- Under Pages, select Add New
- Create a Title (note the title will become a clickable link in your site’s navigation, so shorter is better).
- Click in the editor window
- Open a separate browser window or tab and go to the “old” page.
- Copy the text (highlight the text, then right-click to copy).
Don’t worry about any images or files right now. See the separate tutorial on moving images and files.
- Back in the new site, click the PASTE AS TEXT button
- Type CTRL-V to paste the text in the popup window, then click the Insert button
- Publish the page and then view it.
Watch the video demonstration using the Kappa Delta sorority site’s Welcome page: