Posts are the default content type in WordPress. Content that can be ordered by date and by categories is suited to posts. Posts are displayed on your site in reverse chronological order (newest first).
This tutorial will show you how to create posts and categories from existing content on your old WWW site.
- Log in to your site’s Dashboard.
- From Posts, click Add New
- Create a Title (note the title will become a clickable link in your site’s navigation, so shorter is better).
- Click in the editor window
- Open a separate browser window or tab and go to the “old” page.
- Copy the text (highlight the text, then right-click to copy).
Don’t worry about any images or files right now. See the separate tutorial on moving images and files.
- Back in the new site, click the PASTE AS TEXT button
- Type CTRL-V to paste the text in the popup window, then click the Insert button
- Select a category for the post on the right side of the screen, or add a new one
- Publish the post and then view it
Watch the video (5 minutes)