Images and other files like Word documents, PowerPoint files and PDFs are all manged the same way. In this tutorial we will discuss how to get the files from our old site and into the new one. The basic steps are below, followed by a video tutorial.
- Log in to your site’s Dashboard
- Open a second browser window or tab, and navigate to your old site
- Right-click the image or file, and save it to your computer
- In the campus.albion.edu site, edit the page or post you want to use the image or file in (or create a new page or post).
- Use the media toolbar above the editor window to upload the file
- For images, set optional caption text to be displayed under the photo.
- Select link, size and position options. Files like Word documents won’t need a position.
- Update/Save the post or page and view the results.
View the video demonstration: