Musee d’Orsay!

Our schedule got changed due to a strike on the metro and train systems on Thursday, so we went to see Impressionist paintings in Musée d’Orsay today. I LOVED this trip. I especially liked the paintings done by Manet, Monet, de Nitti, and Degas. I got to see some of my inspirations in real life! The Van Gogh hall was packed with people, but I was able to see “Starry Night” and some cool sculptures.

Musee d’Orsay used to be a train station. The area where the trains stopped has been filled in with sculptures and paintings.

We ate in Musée d’Orsay, at its restaurant. The decorations were unbelievable. It felt like I was eating in the middle of the Hall of Mirrors. There were large, crystal chandeliers, gold embellishments, and two huge mirrors on either side of the room. On the ceiling were enormous, original paintings (from when the museum was a train station). The food was the best I have ever had.

Pimpin’ out in Musée d’Orsay. This was definitely the fanciest place I have ever eaten at. There was so much gold everywhere; and the murals on the ceilings were amazing.

Musee d’Orsay’s restaurant is so fancy! I feel so sophisticated haha.

Alex and Rebecca in Musee d’Orsay.

After Musee d’Orsay, we went on a boat tour on the Bateau Pont Neuf along the Seine River. We saw Notre Dame, an island city within Paris (the oldest, and most expensive), and many palaces along the river. I also got to see the bridge used in the movie “Inception” (I love that movie, it’s awesome).

While we were walking down the street, to make our way from the Seine to the metro, we were captured in a movie. A crowd of about ten mopeds with two people each (one holding a professional grade camera on three or four of the mopeds) got our groups in a couple of their shots! They might have something to do with all of the news vans we saw near the French Parliament building.

Overall, today was my favorite day of the trip!

1 thought on “Musee d’Orsay!