Research Funding

Students are encouraged to apply for funding to support their independent research projects.   Students can apply to Albion’s Foundation for Undergraduate Research Scholarship and Creative Activity (FURSCA) for stipend and other financial support for their summer research.    The Department of Geology also has an endowed fund, the Taylor Undergraduate Geology Research Fund, which is available for additional support of student research.   The Taylor Fund has been used by students for laboratory or field supplies, travel to remote field sites or laboratories, travel to professional meetings, and publication costs.    Students awarded research money from the Taylor Fund are designated as Taylor Fellows.