The Geology Department Fall 2012 colloquia will be held 2:15-3:05 p.m. on Friday afternoons. The colloquia features presentations by junior and senior geology and earth science majors and minors, as well as faculty and guest speakers. Colloquium presentations are assessed using the attached Oral Presentation Rubric.
- All junior and senior Geology and Earth Science majors must participate for 4 semesters.
- All junior and senior Geology minors must participate for 2 semesters.
- Participation includes regular attendance and giving one talk each semester.
- Students missing a semester due to off-campus study or student teaching must still give the required number of talks.
- Students are allowed one unexcused absence each semester.
- Students are discouraged from taking courses that interfere with colloquium. An exception to this must be approved in writing by the department chair. Only one exception will be allowed to each student. Make-up talks must be given.
- Failure to follow the above rules may result in a student being assigned a penalty talk or being refused a degree.