Awhile ago, there was a thread going around on Facebook to list your 10 favorite books. It pops up again every once in awhile. I was challenged by a friend of mine to list 10 of my favorite books, so I did.
I’ve reprinted the list here, again in no particular order.
1. The Trixie Belden “girl detective” series. She was my Nancy Drew.
2. The Little House on the Prairie series
3. Centennial by James Michener. I’ve read this 1000+-page book multiple times. ♥ it! The movie is okay, too, but the book is better.
4. Plastic Fantastic by Eugenie Samuel Reich – intrigue, deception, physics!
5. Dragonfly by Bryan Burrough
6. Lost Moon by Jim Lovell and Jeffrey Kluger
7. The Stephanie Plum detective series by Janet Evanovich because Stephanie’s antics make me laugh. Every time.
8. Bitter is the New Black by Jen Lancaster
9. Princess Snip Snip and the Puppykittens by Steve Allen because who doesn’t love puppies and kittens?
10. The (original) Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner. There was a waiting list for this book and every copy at the Winneconne school library was dogeared.
11. Stone House Stories by Ben Shecter because the book is dedicated to my grandfather. I’m glad to see his books are all good reads!
Oh… did I say 10? Well, sometimes you just can’t stop at 10.