What Sets Us Apart
Partnership with The Philadelphia center
Leave Albion College prepared to provide for others after gaining hands-on experience at The Philadelphia Center. Secure a professional and accredited internship in Philadelphia before starting your coursework on Albion’s campus. This 10-week experience will add value to your personal and professional development by strengthening your experiences working with diverse populations. Internships range from population advocacy, humanities, and human services.
Internships at The Philadelphia Center have included the following locations:
- Independence Blue Cross
- Public Health Management Corporation
- Magee Rehabilitation Center
- Planned Parenthood of Southeastern Pennsylvania
- Health Federation of Philadelphia
- Philadelphia FIGHT: Center for Pediatrics and Adolescent Health
Success on the MCAT, DAT, and GRE exam is vital for admission to and matriculation of top medical-related programs. Our MCAT/DAT/GRE preparation course will prepare you to succeed.
Students will enroll in HCI 187: Professional School Success. This course provides an examination of how current events and personal experiences impact healthcare career choice. Through lectures, discussions, and writing exercises students will develop the skills necessary to craft reflective essays.
Additionally, students will participate in an extensive Kaplan-sponsored MCAT/DAT/GRE preparation program featuring:
- In-person support from Kaplan representative
- Online access to Kaplan MCAT/DAT/GRE resources
- Complementary MCAT/DAT/GRE textbook
- Required completion of multiple full-length MCAT/DAT/GRE exams
- Personalized feedback for support developed from exam attempts and student needs
The addition of the Kaplan-sponsored MCAT/DAT/GRE program has increased our average scores of applying premedical students and has allowed our students to be highly competitive applicants.
Rather than working with our postbac students in a group, we commit to working with each student individually. We encourage students to take their own path to professional programs based on their interests and passions, and believe there is no ‘cookie cutter’ formula for matriculation to medical-related graduate and professional programs.
- Reflective writing workshops
- Test-taking strategies
- Application preparation
- personal statement review & activities list
- online application portals
- Mock interviews
- Individualized clinical observation assistance
Albion College has an extensive history of preparing leading medical professionals. With the help of alumni physicians, our students gain personalized clinical experiences of the highest quality. Our alumni seek to support current premedical students, and engage with students frequently both on campus and virtually. Whether you are looking for a mentor, connections to research, or a clinical experience supervisor our alumni are ready to assist you.