Albion College welcomes students to apply for admission to our Post-baccalaureate Certificate in Premedical Studies program.
This “record-enhancer” postbac program is ideal for students interested in further development of their academic and extracurricular competencies before they apply for admission to medical, dental, veterinary, physical therapy, physician assistant, or pharmacy school.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited U.S. college or university must be conferred prior to matriculation in the certificate program.
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
In addition, as this is a record-enhancing program, students must have taken standard prerequisite courses for entry into medically-related professional programs. Thus, the following courses are required for entry:
- Two semesters of introductory biology with laboratory
- One semester of introductory chemistry with laboratory
- Two semesters of organic chemistry with laboratory
- Two semesters of introductory physics with laboratory
For questions regarding our admissions standards, please contact the Wilson Institute for Medicine at email@example.com.
Completed applications must be submitted through the online application portal available on PostbacCAS. Requirements of the application include:
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate colleges and universities attended
- Resume with detailed experiences and service
- Two letters of recommendation
- One essay
- May 7, 2021