Why Join SAI?
Sigma Alpha Iota is an organization which promotes interaction among those who share a commitment to music. Members of SAI are active in all areas of campus music and campus life, working closely with faculty, administration, campus and community groups, music professionals and patrons. In addition to personal encouragement and support, members may receive scholarships, loans and awards in many areas and at all levels of music-related study. Sigma Alpha Iota has long been recognized as a leader in the field of music and provides a lifetime of fraternity contact.
- To have contact with musicians all over the United States
- To make friendships with many Sigma Alpha Iotas who share the same ideals
- To be encouraged to seek the highest goals in personal development and professional stature
- To wear the badge as an introduction to Sigma Alpha Iota college and alumnae chapters and members everywhere
- To have opportunity at Province Days and National Conventions to broaden friendships to include members from other chapters
- To belong to a closely-knit organization whose province and national officers visit chapters to bring assistance and stimulate maintenance of the fraternity’s high standards of musicianship and scholarship and acquaintance with the broad scope of the fraternity
- To find opportunities for leadership training in the chapter guided by national policies and instructional materials
- To meet and know the nationally recognized musicians and supporters of music who are Distinguished members
- To participate in fraternity projects – scholarships, promotion of American music through the Inter-American Music Awards program, assistance in rehabilitation through music both in this country and in foreign countries, and other nationally organized and recognized endeavors of SAI.
- To represent the fraternity positively at all times
- To cultivate broad friendships and be democratic in all campus contacts
- To be ethical at all times
- To respect the authority of chapter, province and national officers
- To refrain from the discussion of internal fraternity affairs with non-members, unless they are chapter advisors
- To practice the high ideals of Sigma Alpha Iota at all times